When it comes to the topic of cannabinoids, you might be familiar with everyday products like CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol), as they are two of the most common cannabis derivatives. However, you might not know that there are hundreds of compounds that make up the cannabis plant, such as CBDA or Cannabidolic acid. In this topic, we'll cover everything you need to know about CBDA.
What Is CBDA?
Cannabidiol acid is one of the hundreds of cannabinoids found in cannabis plants, most frequently found in hemp and cannabis. It's typically used to create CBD (cannabidiol) products. CBDA will go through a transformation when exposed to high heat, cured, or dried. However, before they go through this process, the raw cannabis is found in acid form, which is true for CBDA.
CBDA will slowly break down into more active compounds over time or instantly when heated, creating the products we love, such as CBD.
This compound can also be found in raw hemp oil products, including CBD oils that have not been filtered, or products such as capsules, creams, and tinctures.
What's The Difference Between CBD and CBDA?
CBDA is a cannabinoid that can be found in raw hemp oil and other cannabis plants. It's often used to produce CBD (cannabidiol) since there is very little naturally existing CBD present in cannabis plants.
There are many differences between Cannabidiolic acid and CBDA, but one of the most notable differences in how they react to heat.
CBD products undergo different transformation processes, such as being exposed to high temperatures or dried out before consumption, while CBDA does not undergo any transformations.
Benefits Of CBDA
There are many medical benefits associated with CBDA, including:
- Anti-Inflammatory: Cannabidiol acid has anti-inflammatory properties that make it perfect for those who suffer from chronic pain, such as arthritis.
- Natural Pain Killer: CBDA blocks neurotransmitters, so you're not experiencing any painful sensations or side effects associated with many medicines on the market today. It also calms down reactions to nerve cells which reduces inflammation and shortens recovery time after an injury occurs
- Decreases Tumors: CBDA is a cannabinoid that has been shown to decrease tumors in mice studies.
- Reduces Nausea: Cannabidiolic acid has been shown to reduce nausea associated with chemotherapy or other treatments, which is perfect for any cancer patients
- Relieves Stress: Cannabidiolic Acid helps keep the body in balance by reducing stress levels through its chemical makeup.
What Is The Future Of CBDA?
There's currently a lot of research being conducted with CBDA to find out if it can help people who have PTSD, chronic pain, and many other medical issues. However, cannabidiolic acid is still in its infancy stages, which means that it has not yet been recognized globally as a beneficial compound, even with the number of studies published.
Since it's so new, there could still be many uses and benefits of the CBDA that won't be uncovered until additional research is published. Click here to learn more about other substances like CBD or THC.